About the Senior Engineer position
We are looking for a Senior Engineer who will participate in and contribute to technology, architecture, workﬂow, and design decisions.
You should be able to oversee and direct the building of high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design.
We like to work with people who are driven, over-achievers that enjoy collaboration and are willing to challenge themselves in order to attain it.
We value attitude, adaptability and aptitude over experience. If you do not have the experience outlined but think you can do this role, tell us why you should be considered in your application.
Senior Engineer responsibilities are:
- Build fault-tolerant and scalable applications by writing clean, maintainable, and testable code.
- Set up efficient and high-performing database queries for relational and non-relational databases.
- Work and collaborate using tools like Github, ZenHub, Figma, AWS, and much more.
- Support with writing technical documentation and writing tests for new and existing product features.
- Organize full lifecycle software development
- Prepare specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Prepare software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Evaluate and deploy software tools, processes, and metrics
- Provide support and consulting on software systems usage
- Ensure compliance with project plans and industry standards
Software Engineer requirements are:
- 5+ years' experience of working on a Computer Software Engineer or Software Developer position
- Experience in a senior developer position or 4+ years in a PHP/Laravel developer role
- Experience with TDD is a must
- Experience with SPAs using React or Angular
- High-level experience with relational databases (Postgres, MySQL)
- Experience with Docker and microservices architecture
- API design and integration experience with 3rd party systems
- Experience with practices like test automation, CI/CD, GIT.
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework, such as JSF, Wicket, GWT or Spring MVC
- Experience in designing interactive applications and with test-driven development
- Experience in documenting requirements and specifications
- Close familiarity with software engineering tools, software development methodology and release processes
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering